The Family Haven provides a day centre at 31 Spa Road, Gloucester. The centre is open from 9.30 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday for parents and their children under five, as well as children with additional needs.
We are the only day centre in Gloucester offering this holistic solution to families, where the parents attend the centre whilst their children attend the nursery. On average we serve 80 families a year.
Our families benefit from:
- individual advice
- active listening using counselling skills
- basic welfare advice
- parenting skills courses
- personal development
- healthy eating/cooking workshops
- Registered nursery
- a well-equipped secure garden/play area
- bathroom and laundry facilities (washing and drying)
- talks and information sessions
- a sitting room with television
- free second hand clothing
- alternative therapies
- day trips and outings for families
- parties to celebrate religious festivals/cultural festivals etc.
- hot and nourishing home-cooked midday meals
- the opportunity and encouragement to make friends and support each other.