We now have a separate Food shopping list for the things that we would find really helpful in providing the hot midday meals and the occasional food parcel for a family in need.
Our list of things we currently need/would like. You can use the Donate options to donate to pay towards them, or contact us if there is a service you can help us with:
Last updated January 2020
- NEW – Storage Baskets – Assorted Sizes.
- NEW – Birthday and Christmas wrapping paper and Sellotape.
- NEW – A4 Paper, pens and PVA Glue.
- NEW – Cleaning Products – Anti-bac, Jay cloths, Hand wash and Washing up Liquid.
- NEW – Tea, Coffee and Sugar
- Rug for Nursery – like this or plain – new or second hand in good condition. We need for role play, story time – lots of uses! Something we can put in the washing machine.
- Pyrex dishes – various sizes
- Induction hob Stock Pots x 3 – 24-28 cm 5-10l (approx)
- Large sieve
- Heavy duty tin opener – or an electric one
- Socket set for our DIY handyman Gary to help maintain our old building
- A new door entry system with camera
- Good quality kitchen equipment – knives, saucepans for induction hob etc
Things we always need:
- New Toys e.g. Mr Potato Head and friends, Wooden play food, magnets
- New Toys suitable for small babies, especially Wooden toys
- New Ethnic dolls suitable for children under five (there are some examples on our Amazon wishlist
- Tea towels …because you can never have too many!
- Baby wipes, nappy sacks and nappies are always useful
- Boxes of tissues – useful for mopping up tears (of joy and sorrow)
- Kids wrapping paper/birthday cards for boys and girls, up to age 4.
- Christmas wrapping paper/gift cards/large gift bags (30cm ish) for children and adults
Some bigger jobs we’d like help with include:
- Hire of a Rug Doctor or similar carpet steamer and cleaning of our carpets (weekend or Monday afternoon when we are closed). Contact Helen to find out when our next deep cleaning day is: email@example.com or 01452 528692
- Purchase and installation of solar panels to help reduce our energy consumption and energy bills.
Unfortunately we don’t have the space to store items and so we aren’t able to take in toys or books, furniture or other big items. But please do feel free to call 01452 422971 and check if you have such items you wish to donate. For example, the sofa’s in our parents lounge are getting well worn and we will soon be looking to replace them and the outdoor ride-on toys age out quite quickly and we are sometimes in need of new(er) ones.